Irish Donegal tweed wool ruana, wrap, cape - brown melange-speckled/flecked -//HEAVY TWEED// -100% Pure New Irish Wool - Handmade in Ireland
Our luxury wraps are elegantly stylish and wrap you in warmth. They can be worn in all seasons and can cover a multitude of sins! They are both practical and hard wearing and their versatility means they look fantastic in the town or country and work for both special occasions or for everyday wear.
- Heavyweight fabric
- Extremely versatile wrap,
- Can be worn so many ways
- Can be worn 4 seasons a year. Perfect for Springtime chills, Summer evening walks, Autumn strolls or Winter Winds
- Inspired by the style of the Celts in Ireland.
- 100% Wool an natural breathable fiber
- Professionally finished with overlocking sewing machine using colour matching thread
- Sustainably sourced natural fibre fabric
- Decorative brooch pin included
- Really soft fabric, not scratchy at all
- Available with or without hood
- 2 sizes available S/M and L/XL
1. Size S/M - Length(front) 29.5 inches, Length(back) 29.5 inches, Width 47 inches
2. Size L/XL -Length(front) 35.5 inches, Length(back) 35.5 inches, Width 59 inches
For more Irish wool hooded ruana wraps please click into the link below:
To see ruanas without hood please click into the following link
(most patterns also available with hood):
Pictures taken at Ross Castle, Killarney, County Kerry, Ireland
Irish tweed sourced at local woolen mills
There is no tracking available with standard shipping - if you require tracking please upgrade shipping at checkout.
Thank you very much for supporting our Irish based, family run craft business.
"We make it & We sell it"
Kate & The Family
1-2 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, mailing address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
How Long I Store Your Information
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I`am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com
I DO NOT OFFER ANY PERSONALIZATION.
This is request for contact tel number only, it`s required to ensure prompt delivery.
1. Get a piece of string.
2. Put it around your forehead and head where you would wear the hat
3. Get and ruler and measure the string and there you go simple
Fill a basin with cold water and thoroughly soak the garment in it. Then drain the basin and gently press the water out (woolens should never be wrung). While it's still damp, apply a liberal amount of hair conditioner and work it through the fibers. Higher quality hair conditioners will work better , and make sure you're not using one of those 2-in-1 "shampoos and conditioners" mixes.
After working the conditioner in and leaving it for a half hour or an hour, then rinse it, then lay it out flat to dry and it should be noticeably softer.
The ONLY WAY to contact me is message via Etsy Convo system. No Emails please, they won`t be answered.
There is a link to our video:
Please click into the link below:
As Ireland is a EU member and not a part of the UK , there is no customs charges on EU orders.
No. Due to very bad experience I DO NOT accept custom requests for knitwear. No exeptions; please don`t ask.
I`m happy to take custom orders for ruana wraps, capes etc
ALL PARCELS ARE SHIPPED WITH TRACKING PROVIDED.
US/CANADA/UK - FEDEX(ECONOMY) - CAN BE UPGRADED TO EXPRESS AT CHECKOUT.
EU - UPS STANDARD - CAN BE UPGRADED AT CHECKOUT
SWITZERLAND - FEDEX ECONOMY - CAN BE UPGRADED TO EXPRESS AT CHECKOUT
INSPECT THEIR IMAGES - REVERSE IMAGE SEARCHING ETSY PRODUCT PHOTOS:
A)Go to the website with the picture you want to use
Right-click on the image
B)Select “Search Google for image”
C)Google will then display the results of your search without you directly going to Google Images
Nov 17, 2022
In case you missed the enlargement photo, although this Tweed appears brown it is actually a melange of different coloured wool intricately woven into the cloth. Gorgeous! A veritable Artform of ancient design with endless variations. The whole history of Tweed is so fascinating it really deserves some research. It is one of the most ecologically sustainable fabrics out there. Being a Vegan, I used to not wear wool until I discovered that sheep have to be shorn or they end up virtually unable to walk and slowly cook in the Summer. From Chanel to Nike with loads in between Tweed has never lost its appeal in contemporary fashion and high-end couture. These beautiful and unusual Ruanas will last a lifetime if protected from moths. (A long wedding dress-size zip cover is recommended.) A rare find. Beautiful craftsmanship and quality
Jul 1, 2022
So beautiful and well-made! Looking forward to wearing this item as the weather gets cooler.
Feb 15, 2022
Bought the Irish Ruana Cloak, and this product is awesome! You can feel how much work was put into it, and I love that. It’s very warm and very sturdy, definitely a good buy and worth the price.
Jan 31, 2022
I really like tweed fabric, and I was searching for a nice mantle like cloth. This is really well made and warm. I am sure it will be a really nice friend for travelling or for my night walking dog adventures. I am 1.71 m, with wide shoulders and back. I went for L/XL size, that fit perfect on me.