King / Queen Size Wool Blanket - Multicolour Stripes / Green Edges - 80″ x 100″ (203 x 254 cm) - 100% Pure New Irish Wool - Thick & Heavy - MADE IN IRELAND
If you’re searching for the epitome of comfort and luxury, a wool blanket is a great investment for not only you, but also the environment. Placing a wool blanket on your bed can help you save energy. So turn down the thermostat and cuddle up in a woollen blanket. You’ll soon feel the natural warmth and cosiness that wool can provide.
Source: We dye the fleece as raw wool, blend, card and spin the yarn before weaving the cloth and finishing into beautiful warm wool blankets. Our natural wool products offer the opportunity to introduce friends and loved ones to the healthy habit of buying authentic natural Irish made products.
Size: 90″ x 100″ (202 x 254 cm)
Weight: 5.5 lb (2.5kg)
Lifetime purchase - traditional weave and best quality wool.
Very warm and cosy - will keep you warm during winter.
Give some traditional Irish country look to your living room or bedroom! Perfect for picnics.
100% PURE NEW WOOL
Machine washable using wool detergent(gentle cold wash program) or hand wash.
DO NOT USE TUMBLE DRYER!
Caring for Irish wool blankets
So, you’ve invested in a high-quality Irish wool blanket, hoping you’ve found something that will last several years, if not a lifetime. Everyone remembers his or her Granny’s knee blanket or rug that seemed to be ever-present in the back seat of the car during family outings.
So, how did they do it? Well, wool, being a natural fibre, has a number of properties that make it remarkably resilient, providing you don’t force things and take some fairly basic measures.
Unlike many synthetic fibres, wool is naturally anti-static and consequently less likely to gather dust and lint from the air or contact with other surfaces, garments etc. It also has a naturally occurring protective layer that prevents stains from being absorbed.
Natural elasticity and toughness
Wool’s natural elasticity means it will stretch (within reason;), to the wearer’s size and then, once removed, return to its original shape. This is due to wool’s crimped structure and its ability to endure being bent back on itself many thousands of times (more than 20,000 times according to some articles we’ve read). They are, therefore, extremely resistant to wrinkling; have you ever seen a saggy sheep?
Granted, some wool garments and blankets have a unique and easily identifiable smell, especially when they get damp or wet; however, it is rare to find your wool blankets taking on foul smells from other sources. Take thick woollen hiking socks as an example. This is because wool is particularly effective at absorbing sweat and releasing it into the air before bacteria have had a chance to grow and release an unpleasant odour.
Don’t force it, just expose your wool to the air
Probably the most effective method of refreshing your wool is to simply hang it in the fresh air, just as nature intended. As well as being a remarkably simple solution, it saves time, energy, washing detergent and helps to reduce your impact on the environment.
Look out for moths!!!
One thing that wool definitely does not survive is contact with moths and some other bugs. A natural source of protein, wool hanging in your wardrobe or stored in the attic provides moths and silverfish with an irresistible and easy source of protein. So, take care to protect storage areas like wardrobes and attics from moths and silverfish. There are many natural and unnatural ways to protect against this kind of damage.
There is no tracking available with standard shipping - if you require tracking please upgrade shipping at checkout.
Thank you very much for supporting our Irish based, family run craft business.
"We make it & We sell it"
Kate & The Family
1-3 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, mailing address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
How Long I Store Your Information
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I`am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com
USA/CANADA - 18th of December
EU - 20th of December
UK - 21st of December
Switzerland/Norway - 20th of December
Rest of the world: 17th of December
EMS Priority Parcel upgrade:
USA/CANADA - 11th of December
EU - 15th of December
UK - 19st of December
Switzerland/Norway - 17th of December
Rest of the world: 10th of December
USA/CANADA - 8th of December
EU - 11th of December
UK - 16th of December
Switzerland/Norway - 14th of December
Rest of the world: 7th of December
Ireland - 20th of December
I DO NOT OFFER ANY PERSONALIZATION.
This is request for contact tel number only, it`s required to ensure prompt delivery.
1. Get a piece of string.
2. Put it around your forehead and head where you would wear the hat
3. Get and ruler and measure the string and there you go simple
I keep only 1 ready made item on most of my listings. If I have fabric in stock I can make more of course. Just ask.
After Brexit Etsy charges vat for orders up to 135 pounds.
Orders over 135 are also subject of UK VAT and Parcel Force fee(ca 15pounds).
I have solution for it(ParcelForce fee, vat must be paid regardless), just message me for details.
To avoid delays caused by US Customs please pay US sales tax at checkout.
There is a link to our video:
Please click into the link below:
As Ireland is a EU member and not a part of the UK , there is no customs charges on EU orders.
No. Due to very bad experience I DO NOT accept custom requests for knitwear. No exeptions; please don`t ask.
I`m happy to take custom orders for ruana wraps, capes etc
1.STANDARD SHIPPING - NO TRACKING number available
2.REGISTERED AND INSURED POST - tracking number availablE
4.EMS PRIORITY PARCEL - tracking number available
5.FEDEX EXPRESS - tracking number available
Nov 24, 2021
This is simply the best wool blanket I’ve found. First class all the way. I’m so happy with it, and, as I said before regarding another item from this seller, this blanket was even better than expected. Thank you for making such a beautiful and durable product!